Friday, April 5, 2013

When I Went To Go See Jeff Mangum (Neutral Milk Hotel)




Neutral Milk Hotel has always been a classic in the indie music collection of people such as I. They are the weirdest of the weird when it comes to music and style. They broke up in about 1998 because of Jeff Mangum their singer. This was his first time on tour since the band split up. He hates fame. I could just see it in him when I saw him live. 





He played all Neutral Milk Hotel's songs acoustic, which is a lot different than the quirky instruments added into the recordings. I liked it a lot actually.




He wouldn't let anyone record or take pictures. He was just paranoid of fame. At the Depot there are projector screens and TV's on the walls so you can see even if people are in the way. Jeff freaked out when he saw them. He pretty much stopped the concert until they turned them all off.


He usually looks like this.

Jeff Mangum is Gandalf. (Stole this one from instagram @teresaflowers)

This was probably a once in a lifetime experience. I think seeing Jeff tour again is about as likely as seeing Elliot Smith or Kurt Cobain tour again.

It was a great concert and I loved it.



No comments:

Post a Comment