Thursday, February 14, 2013

Radical Face: Ghost

Today I will share with you one of my favorite albums of all time. Ghost, by Radical Face.

Ugh the album art is just so pretty.
When men with beards make music, it's just beautiful. I mean, just look at Bon Iver. Allow me to introduce you to Ben Cooper!
I just love how Ben is himself.
Ben made the album about memories that houses can have. Old houses are one of my favorite things ever but Ben puts a really eerie spin on them. This album is really eerily happy in places which adds to the haunting effect that his music contains. He just helps me connect with the darker side of my life through his lo-fi vintage instruments and unique voice. Right now I'm really digging Along The Road and Homesick. Ben just knows what it's like to be a real person if that makes sense. Artists that are always happy in their music just seem fake to me. Ben is just himself.

One of my favorites from Ghost, but you have to listen to the whole album to get a feel for it.


So go check him out!


No comments:

Post a Comment