Monday, January 21, 2013

The Week In Music

Hey guys! So I have always been a fan of weird music. This week, my choices in music, and the fact that everyone, including me, seemed to be a little out of it, created a feeling that was not quite unlike having an extensive root canal! So, because my pictures from last week were all film and have not yet been developed, I have decided to share some of my recent choices in music instead.


My cousin Nick's group, Prolotariat came out with a debut album this week! It was gloriously weird and I wouldn't have expected any less from Nick. He's just that awesome. You can check it out here.


Me and my friends discovered Laura Gibson at a concert we went to a few weeks ago. Since then she has become a familiar sound in my daily routine. Actually I stole the title of this blog from one of the songs in this album.


This will always be one of my favorites. I didn't used to like his sound all that much, but, I have now decided that I love this album. It is a work of art. Whenever I go somewhere with just my camera, or just need to cool down a bit, this album is usually one of my first choices.


I have gained new appreciation for Death Cab's newest album. As much as I love their older albums, this newest one is really creative and different from the rest. Ben Gibbard, you're a genius and I'm freaking out for The Postal Service reunion!


Last but not least, Explosions In The Sky. I've always liked post-rock bands, but this album is one of my favorites. Instrumental music is just what everyone needs sometimes.

Some other albums that I would like to mention:
Illinoise - Sufjan Stephens
On Avery Island - Neutral Milk Hotel
Electric President - Electric President
Ghosts - Radical Face
Wake Up - Anesthesia
A Different Type of Fix - Bombay Bicycle Club
Sleep Through The Static - Jack Johnson
and of course,
All The World's A Stage - Book On Tapeworm

And.. yeah! That's how my week went. I really hope next week will be less full of weird.


1 comment:

  1. You really do have a unique taste in music but it is great to see you exploring new things and learning what you like.

    ReplyDelete